Wednesday 29 July 2009

Day 220 - Reiki I Attunement

“Being attuned to Reiki gives one the ability to easily access the Reiki (Universal Life Force) energy, for the purpose of healing a person or situation. Attunements can be given only by a Reiki master during an attunement process. This process opens the crown, heart, and palm chakras and creates a special link between the student and the Reiki source.

The attunement procedure is a ceremony of spirit. In this ceremony the Reiki master uses the Reiki symbols and other gestures in a prescribed way. This ceremony creates an energy pattern around the recipient of the attunement which entrains (or attunes) their energy field to the energies represented by the symbols.

The Reiki attunement can start a cleansing process that affects the physical body as well as the mind and emotions. Toxins that have been stored in the body may be released along with feelings and thought patterns that are no longer useful.”*

*http://www.reiki.org/FAQ/LearningReiki.html
http://reiki.7gen.com/attune.htm

I had my reiki attunement today. I spent a whole day with Andy, Reiki master and now my Reiki coach, learning how to attune my energy field to do Reiki on myself - I now have healing hands!

The procedure is rather spiritual - incense and candles are lit, all mobile phones, computers and any other electrical appliances are turned off, thereby creating an atmosphere and aura of spirituality, and of complete peace.

During the attunement I could feel my hands warming, a tingling feeling taking hold of the very centre of my palms, as if I had placed my hand on top of a candle. I found this sensation more pronounced in my left hand than in my right.

Andy taught me how to use my newly acquired ability to heal myself, by showing me at which chakra points (the centres of spiritual power in the human body) to place my hands thereby enabling the life force energy to flow, thus restoring harmony and giving me a sense of well-being.

After an attunement there is a twenty-one day cleansing cycle that consists of three cycles of the seven chakras - practising Reiki every day during these three weeks helps remove the negativities accumulated by the body over our lifetime. Each chakra takes roughly three days, hence the 21 days.

My homework is to do Reiki for one hour every day for the next twenty-one days, after which I am told I will start to feel a lot more comfortable and at peace with my inner self.

No comments:

Post a Comment